wtorek, października 23, 2007

Off to HK

Surfing was cool. My back, legs, arms and face weren’t. They were freaking hot, burning. I got such a huge sunburn that I was not able to put on my backpack for the trip to HK which was to proceed on the following day. Actually not only was I sunburnt, I was also quite poor, because the night before Charlotte, Andy and I went out in the evening and played Go-Stop until something like 2 am where I lost all of my money I had saved for the bus and MRT to go to the airport. But the gambling thrill was well worth it.

My biggest worry was passing the entrance gates to HK – actually the quarantine section. I was emitting so much heat because of the sunburn, I was worried I would get stopped at the border with suspected fever :P But as you can guess I survived. Hmmm I still wonder how those thermal cameras work.

The views from the plane were just an appetizer – Hong Kong proved to be a miraculous city.